Thursday, March 30, 2023
Wednesday, March 29, 2023
Saturday, March 25, 2023
Thursday, March 23, 2023
I just received this new version of Walt Disney -- An American Original and loved reading the commemorative essays written by Walt's grandson Christopher Miller as well as by my friends Becky Cline and Marcy Carriker Smothers.
Wednesday, March 22, 2023
This is the Walt Disney quote book that I had been forward to: extremely well-researched by the staff of the Walt Disney Archives and complete with a precise list of the sources where the quotes come from (which for me is the best part of this publication).
Way to go to Disney Editions for releasing this important volume.
Tuesday, March 21, 2023
VOLUNTEER NEEDED IN MEXICO CITY
We all know about Walt Disney and El Grupo's trip to Latin America in 1941. But did you know that Walt and / or some of his artists went back to Latin America (especially to Mexico) in 1942 and 1943?
JB Kaufman, Ted Thomas and I are slowly starting to dig deeper into those later trips, and for this we need a volunteer in Mexico City, to help conduct some in-person research at the Hemeroteca Nacional and at the Archivo General de la Nacion, where we know that great photos and documents about the 1942 trip are preserved.
If you are based in Mexico City and willing to help, could you please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org?
Monday, March 13, 2023
Sunday, March 12, 2023
Wednesday, March 01, 2023
Dust Bowl to Disney - The Lost Memoir of Danny Alguire is now available on Amazon!
Monday, February 27, 2023
Sunday, February 26, 2023
I love this new book project and decided to back it.
Sunday, February 19, 2023
I spent some time on Friday signing 98 copies of "The Origins of Walt Disney's True-Life Adventures." If you would like to pick up a signed copy, I would encourage you to contact Stuart Ng Books ASAP. (https://stuartngbooks.com/)
Wednesday, February 08, 2023
- JB Kaufman, Worlds to Conquer: The Art & Making of Walt Disney's Fantasia (Weldon Owen, 2023).
- Dave Bossert, Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas Visual Companion (Disney Editions, 2023).
- Emily Zemler, Disney Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas: Beyond Halloween Town: The Story, the Characters, and the Legacy (Epic Ink, 2023).
- Disney: Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas (Canterbury Classics, 2023).
- Greg Glasgow and Kathryn Mayer, Disneyland on the Mountain: Walt, the Environmentalists, and the Ski Resort That Never Was (Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, 2023).
- Jim Fanning and Andreas Deja, Drawing 100 Years of Disney Wonder (Walter Foster Publishing, 2023).
- - Simon Beecroft, Disney Museum: Celebrate 100 Years of Wonder! (Studio Press, 2023).
Tuesday, January 31, 2023
A note from Jim Korkis' brother:
[Jim Korkis wanted to let you know that he is in Osceola Regional hospital in Kissimmee, Florida. He’s been there a couple of days testing and looks like he’ll have open heart surgery in the next couple of days.
A separate issue he said is that is internet has been out since Dec. 16th due to a technical issue. He asked if you would get the word out so people know he’s safe and keep him in thoughts and prayers.]
Monday, January 23, 2023
Monday, January 16, 2023
I was interviewed on the Skull Rock podcast right before the holidays about The Origins of Walt Disney’s True-Life Adventures and the interview has just been posted at this link. Enjoy!