Friday, May 24, 2019

This new book by author Andrew Kiste is a very welcome surprise. It is very well written and well researched. Andrew got access to documents from the GE Archives, for example, which I had no idea existed. This is a great reference about Disney and the 1964/65 World's Fair, which is well worth picking up.

I have only two minor issues with what I read until now:
- I wish that the author had added footnotes. I am a pain in the neck about this, but I really like to know exactly where the information mentioned in the text comes from.
- Based on the bibliography, it seems like the author may not be aware of the special issue of the magazine Persistence of Vision about Disney and the World's Fair, which I found a little unsettling if correct.

Those are two small points however. I really enjoyed this book. 

 

1 comment:

Andrew Kiste said...

Hello! Thanks for the kind review.

To address your points:

If you are interested I have a very thorough bibliography set up almost like footnotes on my website (KisteTheHistorian.com) which actually offers PDFs of all my sources.

Also, I used Persistence of Vision quite extensively (found it on Amazon for a pretty penny). I apologize for not citing it. :)

Thanks again for the kind words!