Monday, December 11, 2017

I just received on Friday Don Hahn's new book Yesterday's Tomorrow. I was excited by what I saw: the book is extremely well-researched, covers an era which is seldom discussed in Disney history books and showcases a huge amount of material which we had never seen before in book form. This is clearly one of the very best books of 2017 and one understands (if one hadn't until now - which would be odd) why Don received the June Foray Award two years ago.

Of course since I am hard at work on They Drew As They Pleased - The Hidden Art of Disney's Mid-Century Era (The 1950s and 1960s) which will be released in 2018 and feature Lee Blair, Mary Blair, Tom Oreb, John Dunn and Walt Peregoy, I was particularly fascinated by a few pieces of art from John Dunn which I had never seen before. I knew when I saw them that Don had truly looked into all nooks and crannies. Way to go!   

2 comments:

Joost said...

I fully agree; this is an excellent book. Besides showcasing great artwork and interesting photos it also makes clear the huge amount and large variety of projects Walt was involved in during the last decade-and-a-half of his life.

Michael G. said...

I ordered it the moment I saw your blog! You never steer us wrong! Thanks!