Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I have almost finished reading JB Kaufman's upcoming book South of the Border with Disney: Walt Disney and the Good Neighbor Program 1941-1948 and do not have enough words to praise it as it deserves. There is more fascinating research packed in this book that I could have imagined when I browsed through it a few days ago and every single visual document is carefully selected to both support the text and delight serious Disney historians.

The Latin American theme inspired me to scan this rare magazine cover from Chile. I have a feeling that it might have been created by Hank Porter. There is something weird happening here however. This cover on which one can read "Long Live Chile! Happy Easter!" was released on a magazine dated December 24, 1945. I will have to check this evening if there is s story behind this strange situation.

No comments: