Thursday, November 02, 2006

Song of the South American Motors Commercial



One of most exciting aspects of Disney history, is that, although the Walt Disney Company is "only" 83 years old, you can study it for 20 years and still uncover elements that you knew little about. I only became fully aware of Disney's advertising productions through Jim Korkis' excellent article The Secret Walt Disney Commercials that I mentioned a while back and through a few pages in Amid Amidi's newly released masterpiece Cartoon Modern.

I recently started interviewing Paul Carslon on the same subject and as soon as I start receiving his answers I will publish excerpts on the blog before releasing the full interview in Walt's People.

For now, enjoy the ad above, courtesy of YouTube.com and discovered thanks to CartoonBrew.

No comments: