Friday, August 11, 2006

Comment! Email me! Participate!

What makes this blog fun is getting feedback and enlightning emails from some of you. No email about Disney history ever bothers me.

And I am also looking for contributors to the blog. Specifically:

- If you have great stories about Disney history and Disney artists that have not been published in books before, send them for publication on the blog.

- If you have very unusual elements of Disneyana, show them to me. If they are isolated elements I will feature them on the blog. If you have a whole collection and they are from outside of the US, we would discuss creating a special article about them for Tomart's Disneyana.

- Did you particularly like a book about Disney history that has just been published? Send me your in-depth review for publication.

- Do you have access to great never-seen-before Disney art (concept art, storyboards, caricatures,...), please, please send scans. There is nothing that I like to see more than this.

- And most of all: do you have access to interviews with Disney artists, or great written documents about Disney history in any shape or form? Please share them. They will either serve as reference material for future Walt's People volumes or I will talk to you to get the rights to publish them in book form.

2 comments:

Ken A. Priebe said...

Hello Didier-
My name is Ken Priebe and I am an animator in Vancouver who has just written a book 'The Art of Stop-Motion Animation.'
These interviews from an old website of mine might be of interest to you:

http://www.geocities.com/madkap75.geo/billmatthews.html

http://www.geocities.com/madkap75.geo/ksouthworth.html

Great blog...i'm really enjoying it.
-Ken Priebe

Didier Ghez said...

Ken,

Where can I contact you? I will post a note on Monday about those interviews, but I would like to get the rights to publish part of the one with Ken Southworth in Walt's People. Can you please send me an email at dghez@hotmail.com?