Sunday, November 22, 2020

There is one movie this year I would really have liked to see in a cinema (although not under the current circumstances): Pixar's Soul directed by my favorite director, Pete Docter.

A Pixar movie, directed by Pete Docter, about a jazz musician!? There simply could not be a better combination in my mind.

If the art book is any indication, the movie will be as good as I expect it to be. The Art of Soul itself is an absolute delight: it is full of concept art from cover to cover, all of it original and beautiful... Were some of those pieces of artwork inspired by Walt Peregoy's work on One Hundred and One Dalmatians? I would not be surprised if that were the case.

The bottom line is that this book is one of the very best "Art of" books from Chronicle Books to date and that I simply can't wait for the movie to release on December 25 on Disney+

No comments: