Monday, August 20, 2018

INCOMPLETE ROSETTA STONE
A few months back, I stumbled upon one page of a document titled "Story Situations", dated September 20, 1939. I was stunned! I knew exactly what I was looking at: This was a page of a much longer document listing story ideas for abandoned Disney shorts. Looking at a list I have in my collection, I deducted that the full document must have been between 30 and 35 pages long. By conducting some additional research, I realized that a friend of mine had 9 additional pages. I now have pages 21 to 30, but I am still missing pages 1 to 19 and 31 to 35 (or 34).
The Disney Archives do not seem to have a copy of this document and it is entirely possible that the additional pages will never be found.
This is immensely frustrating from a historical standpoint since the document contains the synopses of various shorts in progress about which we know almost nothing. Based on another list, I know for example that the lost pages of the "Story Situations" document contain the synopses of a planned Band Concert sequel and a Country Cousin sequel.
If anyone of you has any idea of where to find the additional pages, please do not hesitate to email me at didier.ghez@gmail.com
This is a long-shot, but who knows ;-)

No comments: