Tuesday, November 21, 2017

I hate tooting my own horn, but the news that hit me today means so much to me that I have to mention it.
As most of you know, the Annie Awards (awarded by ASIFA-Hollywood) are the Academy Awards of animation.
Today ASIFA-Hollywood has announced this year’s slate of recipients for its Juried Awards honoring career achievement and exceptional contributions to animation.
I was stunned to learn that I am being awarded the June Foray Award (the award for significant and benevolent or charitable impact on the art and industry of animation).
There is no honor that could mean more to me and no award that could excite me more that this one.
And of course, I would not have gotten it if it weren't for all the animation historians who helped me tremendously throughout the years and who carry on supporting me today.
I am humbled and just really, really happy. I hope to see some of you at the official ceremony on February 3, 2018 in Los Angeles.

7 comments:

Are Myklebust said...

Congratulations Didier! Well deserved!

Christian S. said...

That Annie Award looks like a Zoetrope of the victorian kind (of course, modern Zoetropes look more different than the one shown in the early beginnings of animation). Would really like to find an antique model of the Zoetrope, if there exists some in the Scandinavian market. Then my animated quest for the holy grail will be fulfilled :P If I'm calling the Zoetrope as the Holy Grail of animation, then E. G. Lutz' book would be the Rosetta Stone of animation :D

BuzzLite2 said...

Congratulations! Well deserved!

Barry Linetsky said...

Congratulations Didier. That's fantastic news. Well deserved for years of dedication and passion.

Matt said...

Congrats!

Thorsten said...

Congratulations!

Your really deserved it because all of your books are fantastic to read and full of informations.

Thanks for all of your work, time and passion to bring us Disney fanatics these infos and stories.

I will continue to follow your work with joy and fun.

Congratulations from Germany

Thorsten

Percy said...

Much deserved. Congratulations, Didier!