Friday, November 03, 2017

I am just back from a quick business trip to Mexico, but unfortunately I was neither able to stay for the Day of the Dead celebrations nor did I have time to screen Coco, which was released in Mexico before its launch in the US. I did see some of the decorations of the city, though, and some of the arresting (and huge) paper monsters that were on display in the main avenue of Mexico City (Paseo de la Reforma).

Which is why, when I came back home two days ago and discovered The Art of Coco, I could not wait to see what it contained. I was not disappointed. The artwork is absolutely beautiful, I adore the character designs and the mood the Pixar artists created for that movie, and I simply can't wait to discover this new animated feature, which excites me more than any in quite a while.  

No comments: