MORE SECRET STORIES OF WALT DISNEY WORLD BY JIM KORKIS
[Oh, You Didn't Know...
Just when you think you *do* know everything there is to know about Walt Disney World, here comes Jim Korkis with a new book full of stuff you won't easily find anywhere else. From the theme parks and resorts to "beyond the berm", this is the Disney that Disney forgot.
Coming on the heels of the bestselling original "Secret Stories", Korkis has declared no secret off limits in this new volume. Delving into his treasure trove of lore compiled over the decades from sources both inside and outside the Disney company, and from official Disney documentation long since lost or destroyed, Korkis mainlines the most potent blend of mouse tales this side of Main Street, USA, including:
- Haunted mahjongg, mermaid statues, handprints, and rock stars: a VIP tour through the back roads of Hollywood Studios
- The hidden narrative of Liberty Square, and why Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe is much more than meets the eye
- The Native American mythology behind the totem poles at Disney's Fort Wilderness Lodge
- Where to find vestiges of Roger Rabbit Toontown at Hollywood Studios, and why Roger himself isn't there
- Plus, Florida theme parks that never were, Disney's aborted airport, Snow White's secret house, the Mickey Mouse tax, and dozens more
NO DECODER RING REQUIRED!]