This has become a tradition. Here are the Disney history books I consider as the best ones of the year. The competition was really tough in 2011, which is excellent news.
1. Timothy Susanin, Walt before Mickey: Disney's Early Years, 1919-1928 published by University Press of Mississippi; 2011.
2. David Gerstein (editor), Walt Disney's Mickey Mouse: "Race to Death Valley" and Walt Disney's Mickey Mouse: "Trapped on Treasure Island" published by Fantagraphics Books; 2011.
3. Don Ballard, Disneyland Hotel 1954-1959: The Little Motel in the Middle of the Orange Grove published by Don Ballard; 2011.
4. William Kallay, The Making of Tron: How Tron Changed Visual Effects and Disney Forever published by William Kalley; 2011.
5. Don Peri, Working with Disney: Interviews with Animators, Producers, and Artists published by University Press of Mississippi; 2011.
6. Lella Smith (editor), Walt Disney Animation Studios The Archive Series: Layout & Background published by Disney Editions; 2011.