Monday, November 14, 2011

I am a great fan of Amid Amidi. I like the way he conducts research, I love the way he writes and I adore CartoonBrew, Animation Blast and all of his books (yes I do have some reservations about the polemical comments he sometimes posts, but that is another story).

Which is why I was delighted to receive his new art book about Pixar, The Art of Pixar: 25th Anniv.: The Complete Color Scripts and Select Art from 25 Years of Animation. To be honnest I am much more excited by his upcoming book about Ward Kimball, which will be among the very best books written about an animation artist, but this volume about the art of Pixar is a very good one, whose principal value, more than Amid's short but delighful text, resides in the release of all the Pixar color scripts. In other words, you have to be a true Pixar aficionado to want to buy this book, but if you are it is truly priceless.

No comments: