Sunday, January 02, 2011
Happy New Year to you all.
As always, let's start 2011 with the best of the previous year. Here is my selection of the best Disney history books of 2010. I have to admit that I had difficulty ranking the first three. I believe they could each be at the top of the list. Once again 2010 proved to be an excellent year in terms of Disney publications, be they serious studies about a specific subject, memoirs or art books.
Thankfully 2011 looks very promising too in that respect.
1. Canemaker, John: Two Guys Named Joe: Master Animation Storytellers Joe Grant and Joe Ranft published by Disney Editions; 2010.
2. Lindquist, Jack; Combs, Melissa J.: In Service to the Mouse published by Neverland Media; 2010.
3. Korkis, Jim: The Vault of Walt published by Ayfour; 2010.
4, Malmberg, Melody: Walt Disney Imagineering: A Behind the Dreams Look at Making More Magic Real published by Disney Editions; 2010.
5. Smith, Lella (editor): Walt Disney Animation Studios The Archive Series: Design published by Disney Editions; 2010.
6. Peri, Don; Burns-Clair, Pam: Walt Disney's First Lady of Imagineering, Harriet Burns published by Donning Publishers; 2010.
7. Armstrong, Jennifer: Why? Because We Still Like You: An Oral History of the Mickey Mouse Club published by Grand Central Publishing; 2010.