Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I am still in the process of interviewing True-Life Adventures director Jack Couffer and am stumbling day after day on little gold nuggets of information. Here is Jack Couffer's answer about Lloyd Beebe, that led yesterday to my discovery of a Disney-related book that I did not know existed.

[I valued Lloyd as my friend and right hand and arm on three pictures. “Nikki”, “Lobo”, and “Incredible Journey”, and he helped me with his tame grizzly bear on a non-Disney flick. Lloyd not only shot beside me, he also did a great job (before we had real trainers) at figuring out ways to get our animals to do some of the things that people are frequently asking about. “How do you get them to do those things?” is perhaps the most common question I hear. Lloyd often had the answer.

We shot much of “Incredible Journey” on his property in Sequim, Washington. It’s a varied landscape including a stream, pond, wooded hill, and green fields. It was an altogether wonderful time and place with a great team—one of the best production experiences of my career.

He wrote a book: “Wilderness Trails and a Dream”.]

3 comments:

Matt Jones said...

Didyou ever feature this old disney item?

http://www.hakes.com/item.asp?Auction=184&ItemNo=29263

Didier Ghez said...

If I remember well, scans of it were posted on the ASIFA Archives blog at some point in the past.

David said...

A copy of Dispatch From Disney's recently sold on eBay for I recall about $150. It wa sin nice condition, but was missing the pin-up centerfold.