Wednesday, August 11, 2010


Alexander Rannie says:

[Jim Korkis's always terrific research covers the bases for the /Snow White/ show and I thought I'd offer the following as a small supplement for anyone interested in further information about "Lux Presents."

While working on a CD-ROM encyclopedia of Disney characters in 1993 (never released), I had to track down performer information for the Lux /Snow White/ show and, at that time, the Disney Archives did not have a cast list for the show. Research led me to Connie Billips, one of the authors of a soon-to-be-released book about Lux Radio Theatre (more info below), and she kindly provided me with the information I was looking for (which I subsequently passed along to the Disney Archives).

Though Ms. Billips's book is out-of-print, copies can still be found through online sources such as Amazon.com and BookFinder.com. And local libraries can usually arrange an inter-library loan (if they don't already have a copy) using WorldCat.org as a good starting point.

Here is the book citation:

Billips, Connie J. and Arthur Pierce, Lux Presents Hollywood: A Show-By-Show History of the Lux Radio Theatre and the Lux Video Theatre, 1934-1957 (Jefferson, N.C.: McFarland & Company, 1995). ISBN-10: 089950938X]

No comments: