Friday, June 26, 2009

I had the pleasure of interviewing author and journalist Bob Thomas a few months ago for Walt's People - Volume 10 (which will focus entirely on his interviews with Disney artists and Disney family members). Here is what he had to say about Michael Jackson's meeting with Walt's nurse Hazel George:

[Didier Ghez: I understand that you once took the singer Michael Jackson to meet Hazel George, the Studio nurse. What was that experience like?

Bob Thomas: It was a bit bizarre. Michael was in awe of her, because she had worked with Walt so intimately over the years. I ended up asking all the questions. When we finally finished and I had got all the stories out of her, Hazel said to Michael, “Come back and see me again, and don’t bring him,” – pointing at me – “He talks too much.” Of course if I hadn’t talked as much as I did there would have been no interview.]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a great post Didier!There is not doubt that whatever Michael did, or did not do, there was a lot of innocence in him too!