Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Only 19 days ago I had the pleasure to interview for the second time one of the greatest Disney artists from the '50s and '60s: Ray Aragon. Along with Vic Haboush, Walt Peregoy and a few others he was one of the key drivers of the Cartoon-Modern (to use the name of Amid Amidi's outstanding book on the subject) look at Disney.

I have just received an email informing me that Ray had passed away. My thoughts are with his absolutely charming wife, with whom I had the pleasure of speaking often while trying to arrange the phone interviews.

Ray Aragon's interview has been one of the most enjoyable I conducted in the last few years. After each installment I caught myself almost dancing of happiness thanks to the great stories he shared.

This is not a happy day.

No comments: