Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I received quite a few books that I was awaiting this week. The best surprise among them was Hans Bacher's Dreamworlds. I knew it had a good chance to be good, but I never realized it would be that good! I was afraid it might be a book purely aimed at professional artists. It isn't. If you are interested in the history of the Disney Studio during the last 20 years, if you love concept art, and if you want to discover concept paintings from quite a few of the discarded projects Hans worked on at Disney just before he left, like My People, Wild Life or Fraidy Cat, get this book now. This is a "must-have" and a "must-read" (there is also beautiful art from Beauty and the Beast, Mulan,...). More interesting artwork in this book that in a few "art-ofs" released by Disney recently.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where have all of Hans' blogs gone??