Monday, July 02, 2007

Jenny Lerew mentioned last week on her site the underground 1967 short Mickey in Vietnam created by Lee Savage as part of the "Week of the Angry Arts."

Screenshots of the full short (which lasts only 90 seconds) were reproduced in the 1998 French book Bon Anniversaire, Mickey! by Thierry Steff (published by Dreamland).

While I definitely prefer Mickey alive (I just watched all of the B&W Mickey shorts this weekend and understood once more why I fell in love with Disney), I thought those scans were worth sharing.



1 comment:

Jenny Lerew said...

Oh, Didier--this is fantastic! Thank you so much!

Ennio is going to do backflips when he sees these tomorrow...he's what started all this. I had no clue this existed before.
It's kind of poignant that it's the old "Plane Crazy" Mickey, too...and now you make me want to se all the old b/w cartoons.