Tuesday, March 06, 2007

The new Peter Pan Platinium edition DVD is being released today. For the occasion collector Devyn Marseilles was kind enough to send us this scan of a great Peter Pan storyboard from her own collection. Here is Devyn's description:

"It's an undated storyboard of a scene that was only, in very small part, used in the film. It includes an unused musical sequence, and different dialog. Also note the "Roll" that Smee refers to with the names of some key animators on it. I think it's a great piece and I haven't come across any duplicates on other sites.

I have included the stamp and notations on the back side of the storyboard. The stamp is in that typical purple ink they used back then, but my scanner only picked it up as gray after numerous tries. "

[Additional note: I would also highly recommend checking out the sweatbox meeting notes that Devyn posted on her site!]




3 comments:

Tinker Bell said...

Didier,
One more thing... I have posted something else Peter Pan related you might find some interest in over on my blog. Feel free to check it out. I will be posting the other parts this week.

Best,
Devyn

Hans Perk said...

Great stuff! Little note: the only person I know who consistently wrote E's like on the storyboard was T.Hee, whose copy of the story meeting notes this was...

Unknown said...

Thanks for putting this up - my family has always had a special love for Peter Pan. We saw it at the drive-in here as kids at least a couple of times. One of my brothers got so 'Peter Pan crazy' that he used to wear a Pan style hat with a red glove underneath. He'd fix it so the fingers came down over his forehead; it was his stab at having Peter Pan style hair. Yes, he never was quite right in the head....